Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013 is here! Like so many of us, as the new year begins, I am taking time to reflect on the past year and plan for the future.

I ended the year with a solo show in October, titled "Hop On!" at the David Adler Music & Arts Center in Libertyville, IL. This show was a retrospective show, chronicling my 16 year career as a watercolor artist and printmaker. The show featured many pieces that were loaned to the show by my collectors as well as new monotypes and watercolors.

Thank you to all of the collectors who loaned pieces to the show! Seeing these works again after so many years was like reconnecting with old friends. It was heartwarming to hear my clients speak of how they missed their pieces while they were on loan. Creating art that fills the soul and makes one smile is one of my greatest passions and I am touched by the support and enthusiasm of my collectors!

I have another solo show at the David Adler Center scheduled for October 2013. It was an absolutely fantastic venue and Amy, Ellen and Dianna were absolutely fantastic to work with! XO ladies!

 Below are a series of monotypes created for the show.




 A monotype is a unique process which uses a variety of painting and printmaking techniques. These one-of-a-kind image were developed on a flat plate and transferred to paper by hand and by using a pin press. 

 To view more of my work please visit www.stephanietoral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment