Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Something New for 2013


Starting a new year is always exciting and really gets my creative juices flowing. After the success of my show, Hop On! last October, I have been busy thinking about my goals for 2013 and the direction my art will take. I have started creating pieces for a new series of paintings and monotypes, titled "Travelogue" that will expand upon the images and techniques that I used in my travel postcard series.




One exciting new direction that has received tremendous reponse is my "La Tour Eiffel Triptych." This series of 3 works reproduced on aluminum panels were created using a process known as dye sublimation. During this process the dyes used to print a reproduction of my original painting were heated, causing them to vaporize and permeate the surface of the metal before returning to solid form. The result is a unique reproduction that is less vulnerable to fading and distortion over time. The aluminum panels are fabricated to stand off from the wall, creating a very sophisticated effect. Each panel measures 16"w x 17.25"h. This triptych has been created as a Limited Edition, only 15 sets of 3 panels will be produced. I plan to produce the center panel in a limited edition of 50.

"La Tour Eiffel Triptych" Center Panel
"La Tour Eiffel Triptych"


I was so pleased with the beautiful color and the preservation of detail present in the original works.
I am planning on creating more aluminum wall panels this year.
 
To see more works from the "Travelogue" portfolio, visit www.stephanietoral.com


No comments:

Post a Comment