Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day Two: "A Painting a Day" to Benefit the David Adler Music & Arts Center


"Sepia Butterfly" Series

Update: These pieces are available to bid on until Saturday, November 4 @ 12:00 midnight.


Today's "A Painting a Day" series is inspired by my fascination with butterflies.
I am obsessed with their intricate detail, beautiful colors, and ethereal aura.
I never tire of drawing, painting and printing these delicate creatures!  

Everyday I am able to look out of my studio windows to view my garden. Earlier this spring I spied two butterflies hovering around the beautiful allium blooms and have held that image in my mind. I did a few quick sketches and today those sketches have been developed into the three pieces offered today! 

I also love vintage ephemora, 18th & 19th century botanical illustration and handmade papers. For this series I decided to to take all of these elements and combine them to depict my favorite garden visitors. The images are painted with watercolor on beautiful hand made paper. Pen & ink was added to heighten the detail. The larger piece was painted on paper that is subtly block printed with script in gold metallic ink. 

Simply click on the link below each image to view more details and to place your bid. Each piece is sold separately. 



"Sepia Butterfly I"
4" x 6"
Click here to bid
"Sepia Butterflies"
11" x 14"
Click here to bid
"Sepia Butterfly II"
4" x 6"
Click here to bid
























Art makes a unique statement. Looking for an unforgettable gift this holiday season?

Gift the gift of art!


"The purpose of art is washing the dust off our daily lives."

- Pablo Picasso




The David Adler Music & Arts Center


The David Adler Music and Arts Center is dedicated to promoting music and the arts as an integral part of everyday life. Its year-round activities are designed to foster critical thinking and interpretation, participation, entertainment, and achievement in music and the arts for the people of Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
The David Adler Music and Arts Center maintains and interprets the historic home of architect David Adler, which is the base of its activities, and a visual image of the harmony between music, the arts and daily life.
The proceeds from the sale of all "A Painting a Day" works help to support the DAMAC, so bid generously!

No comments:

Post a Comment