Thursday, October 27, 2016

"A Painting a Day" Special Preview

Week One

There's no better way to begin my "Painting a Day" project to benefit the David Adler Music & Arts Center than with a series of paintings celebrating music and highlighting the wonderful music instruction programs and concert series offered by the Center all year long!

I wanted to create a colorful series that expressed the joy we all feel from music and to celebrate the young students and dedicated instructors at the DAMAC. I gave these compositions a strong, graphic feel and chose to paint this series in youthful, primary watercolors. This series is titled, "Musical Palette."

"Musical Palette" by Stephanie Toral
Series of four 7" x 5" Watercolors on Paper

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence." 

- Leopold Stokowski


Each painting in the series will be offered individually on my auction site on Monday, November 1, 2016. A perfect gift for the musician in your life!









Other Works Offered This Week


"Sepia Butterflies" by Stephanie Toral
11" x 14" Watercolor on handmade, block-printed paper

"Kind Heart" by Stephanie Toral
6" x 4" Watercolor on handmade paper
in a 7" x 5", antique zinc finished frame

I am very inspired by the nature that surrounds me. Everyday from my studio I can view my lovely garden and earlier this spring I caught a glimpse of a butterfly hovering over the fragrant allium in bloom. I have been holding this image in mind and finally put it down on paper! My love of vintage ephemora and 18th and 19th century botaincal illustration clearly influenced this piece from the series I created for Day 2 of this project which I titled, "Sepia Butterflies." The work is a watercolor that is painted on handmade paper, block printed with gold metallic script. I chose a warm autumn palette to give the piece a antique feel.

Day Three will offer a series of watercolors inspired by a feather and the piece shown here is one of a series of 3 paintings. It is titled, "Kind Heart."

I hope you have enjoyed this "sneak peek" of some of what's in store this week and all month long as I begin my "A Painting a Day" project! Check back often for more posts and previews. Feel free to send me your feedback by posting a comment below.









No comments:

Post a Comment