Friday, September 23, 2011

"Pointe Shoes"

"A Painting a Day" to Benefit The Lake County Haven

5" x7" Watercolor on Paper
SOLD


 A story of hours of classes, rehearsals and performances are told is this pair of well worn pointe shoes pulled down off the closet shelf, taken out of the box and unwrapped. I enjoyed capturing all of the detail and various textures in these shoes.

This painting is an example of how I often 'draw' with the paint. I apply the paint very slowly with a small round brush, building layers of color and adding detail very much like I would with a pencil.

Purchasing this painting will, in part, help The Lake County Haven fulfill its mission to empower homeless women and their children to achieve permanent, independent living.

Founded in 1992, the Haven fulfills its mission by providing shelter, housing, and professional services in support of its residents and graduates.
This painting is sold framed as shown when
the bid meets the "Buy It Now" price listed.
9" x 11" Grande Alabaster White frame
with white mats.
"A Painting a Day" in the News
My "A Painting a Day" project attracted the attention of Chicago Tribune reporter, Amy Alderman. She spoke with me and The Lake County Haven Executive Director, Laura Sabino last week. Her article about the project was recently featued in the Chicago Tribune main edition as well as the TribLocal section. I am so pleased that the project has help to bring awareness to the problem of homelessness in Lake County and to the great work of The Haven. To read the article click here.
Author and Blogger, Rebecca Keil, recently called to ask if I would be interested in sharing my thoughts on my creative process and discussing the "A Painting a Day" project at her blog. You can read the interview here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. As a former dancer, I fully appreciate the wear of those shoes.

    ReplyDelete