Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome!

About the "A Painting A Day Project"
to Benefit the Lake County Haven

"Do something creative everyday," is a mantra I embrace. In late August, I was looking for a creative challenge to push myself to be more innovative and focused when creating new art. So I decided that I would create a small painting each day during the month of September.

The discipline of creating a small painting each day is an exciting challenge that will allow me to explore that which inspires me, and to experiment with a variety of subjects and techniques while supporting a cause that is so very close to my heart.

I have been involved with The Lake County Haven's Women's Auxiliary for over ten years, designing invitations for The Haven's annual Gala fundraiser and donating original works of art to their auction. It did not take long for my idea to evolve from simply a creative exercise to an awareness/fundraising event for The Haven.

In Lake County alone, there are approximately 950 homeless people. The majority of those people are women and children. Many are victims of domestic violence or sexual assault. Others are addicted to alcohol or drugs. Most are grappling with serious physical and mental health issues. Nearly all are unemployed, underemployed, heavily indebted, and/or unable to pay rent. As an artist, I feel that I have an obligation to use my time and talent to bring a bit of joy to others through my art and to give back to my community. I am so very pleased to be doing this project to support of the important work of The Haven.

The response to the project has been tremendous! I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement, support and purchases. This is such a fun and rewarding experience and I look forward to "painting my days away!"

I hope you will help to spread the word to any Friends of The Haven or any art lover you may know.

If you are visiting for the first time and would like to receive my  "Painting of the Day" emails, please contact me at stephanietoral@comcast.net.

To view all of the paintings I have created to date, just keep scrolling. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment