Friday, September 30, 2011

"Postcard from Paris"

"A Painting a Day" to Benefit the Lake County Haven


Postcard from Paris
7" x 5" Pen & Ink with Watercolor on Parchment
SOLD


Postcard from Paris framed
This painting is sold with the frame shown above when bid meets or exceeds the "Buy It Now" price listed.
10" x 8" Seville frame.


Today's creation is the final piece in my "A Painting a Day" Project.

"Postcard from Paris" is intended to bring a bit of 'armchair travel' into your day. Whether you have visited Paris or dream of traveling there someday, I wanted this piece to evoke the grandeur and elegance of one of the world's great cities.

A stylized pen and ink drawing of the Eiffel Tower has been overpainted with bright washes of watercolor to resemble an antique photograph. Hand-lettered text adds the finishing touches to complete this 'day-trip' to Par-ee. Bon voyage!

Each 24 hours of this project has been a 'day-trip' for me. A creative journey, an artistic adventure! I have enjoyed (and at times, stuggled) bringing these paintings to you each day.

But my creative struggles are nothing compared to the dire circumstances facing the hundreds of homeless here in Lake County.

Thank you for allowing me to share my work with you and bring awareness to women in need. The great work of The Lake County Haven staff and volunteers and the clients they empower is an inspiration. I am so pleased to be able to use my time and talent to help this worthy cause.

A very special THANK YOU! to those who have purchased the paintings offered each day. Your support is greatly appreciated and I am honored that you chose to join me in this charitable challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment