Monday, September 19, 2011

"Poire"

"A Painting a Day" to Benefit The Lake County Haven

"Homelessness can happen to anyone. We are all susceptible to economics and our own human condition. Luckily, I discovered the Lake County Haven which provided me with a safe living environment while I concentrated on rebuilding my life."
- M., a former Lake County Haven Client


A portion of the proceeds from the purchase of "A Painting a Day" will support the mission of The Lake County Haven to empower homeless women and their children to achieve permanent, independent living. Founded in 1992, the Haven fulfills its mission by providing shelter, housing, and professional services in support of its residents and graduates.

5" x 7" Watercolor & Gouache
on Parchment.
Sold framed as shown at right.
SOLD
Poire Framed
This painting is sold framed as shown.
8" x 10" Madrid Black Frame.




Fall is my favorite time of year. Lately, I have found myself inspired to paint a few images that, for me, epitomize the essence of Autumn.

I love to decorate my home for the seasons: changing my floral arrangements and centerpieces, placing seasonally themed small accessories on tabletops and bookshelves, and placing little framed pieces of art, such as the piece I created today, on a powder room vanity or on a small wall in my foyer.

Bringing new accessories out when the seasons change is a great way to 'freshen up' a room, lift your mood and put you in the "spirit of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment