Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Vintage Tulip"

5" x 5" Gouache on Parchment
Contact Stephanie to purchase this painting 
"A Painting A Day"
to Benefit
The Lake County Haven

The black & white tulip exists only in the imagination. I first became enthralled with the black and white tulip when I came across an engraving titled, "Temple Flora" by Robert John Thornton (1768-1837).
I love the contrast of the black & white and the interest provided by the distinctive vareigation on the petals.

This painting is offered for sale, framed as shown, on ebay. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Lake County Haven to help it fulfill its mission to empower homeless women and their children to achieve permanent, independent living. Founded in 1992, the Haven fulfills its mission by providing shelter, housing, and professional services in support of its residents and graduates.
"Vintage Tulip" is sold framed as shown.
7.75" square, Renaissance Black frame with easel back.

I am really enjoying creating these vintage-looking paintings. I am continuing to experiment with the gouache application as well as adding transparent watercolor to the parchment. Getting more comfortable with the techniques, I plan to do a series of larger square compositions in this style for my Fall/Winter 2011 collection of original prints and paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment